Fri, Oct 01|
ORMA - Chase the Moon.. Make it Habitable!
Space and STEM program for grades 1 to 12 students across Canada
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – Aug 31, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
About the event
This program is offered by Ontario Regional Malayalee Association(ORMA) in partnership with the Canadian Space Agency(CSA), Indus Space Inc and Astro STEM Labs. The main objective of this program is to use various methods and projects to make the learning of STEM and Space science fun and exciting to students across Canada.
This is an year long after school online program where students get opportunity to learn coding, robotics and space science subjects from basics to advanced level. There are various project activities based on the age and skill level of the students.
- Participate in the International Observe the Moon night on Oct 16th, 2021
- Learn Coding using Scratch and Python programming language
- Learn fundamentals of Robotics using Microbit, Raspberry Pi
- Participate in Astro Pi challenges organized by European Space Agency
- Attend Spring & Summer camps - “Explore the Moon” camps that are space and STEM themed
- Attend weekly 'Talk to a Space Scientist' Speaker Series
This project is undertaken with the financial support of the Canadian Space Agency(CSA).